You took an oath to serve the nation knowing the commitment would mean a life of duty, honor, and sacrifice. In recognition, Mason's Office of Military Services stands ready to be an educational and career resource for you and your family.
When Patriots Become Patriots
We're eager to have you at Mason, because your leadership and experience elevate the excellence of our student body. The Office of Military Services' (OMS) sole focus is on active-duty personnel, veterans, and their families.
Moving from the military to college life can be challenging. OMS makes that transition as smooth as possible by structuring an academic path to meet your needs, schedule, and timetable. We'll help you:
- Gain admission to Mason.
- Select the academic program that's right for you.
- Complete your education while serving.
- Inform you about financial aid options.
- Schedule counseling and advising sessions.
- Offer services to spouses, children, and dependents.
- Overcome any obstacles with the help of an advocate.
- Provide support inside and outside the classroom.
- Build a civilian career.
OMS works with several organizations to provide community support and mentorship. Our partners include American Legion Post 177, VFW Post 8469, and Disabled American Veterans Chapter 10. We also have links to the Virginia Veterans and Family Support Program and the Fairfax County Office of Public and Private Partnerships.