Spouse Education and Career Opportunities
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 in financial assistance to eligible military spouses pursuing a license, certification, or associate’s degree in a qualifying field.
If you're eligible for this program, you'll work with the Office of Military Services (OMS) to develop an Education and Training Plan (E&TP) to submit to MyCAA for approval. For a summary of the plan, see the MyCAA fact sheet (PDF).
Information in your E&TP plan will include:
- Your spouse's name.
- Mason's address, phone number, and website.
- Your academic program and type (associate's degree; certificate; license; GED/ESL).
- Your program's duration.
- Estimated start and completion dates.
- Details of courses for which MyCAA funding may be used.
- A list of possible electives, which may or may not qualify for MyCAA funding.
You'll need to set up a MyCAA Account Message Box, which is where you'll receive notification of approval, if granted.
Once your request for aid is approved, you'll need to request MyCAA financial assistance on a course-by-course basis before classes start.
If you have questions for MyCAA, contact a career coach at 1-800-342-9647. If you have questions for OMS, call 703-993-1316.