VA Benefits

The Office of Military Services doesn't manage Veterans Affairs benefits, but it can help you navigate what might seem to be a maze of forms and procedures. We'll help you do what you need to do to qualify for the benefits you've earned.


Certify Your Benefits

Request that your benefits be certified by submitting a Veterans Registration and Reporting Form (VRRF) before the first day of class each semester. If you change your schedule after turning this form in, you must file a change request.


To receive this financial assistance, you're required to follow a specific series of steps, as determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

  • Apply for or update your education benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Please upload the COE or a copy of your Ebenefits page HERE.  Students are required to have a Certificate of Eligibilty on file with the exception of Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab.)  If a COE is not received by the middle of your first semester, we will not certify VA benefits for future terms until a COE is received. Please upload the COE or a copy of your Ebenefits page HERE
  • Submit a Veterans Registration and Reporting Form (VRRF) to get your benefits certified. 
  • **If you are using Chapter 30 and TA as Top -Up, please write Top Up in the comments on the VRRF**
  • Beneficiaries of aid distributed through Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 of the GI Bill must verify enrollment monthly, either through Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
Volunteer stands in front of signs promoting veteran events at Mason Sci-Tech Campus

Students, faculty, and staff at Mason's Science and Technology Campus in Manassas mark Veterans Day at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. Events included a concert by students from Mason's School of Music.