Virginia National Guard - State Tuition Assistance
Virginia National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program
Contact your unit's full-time representative to obligate funds as soon as you know you will be going to school. You must be able to provide the following information: name of the school, approximate start date, and number of credits you plan to take during the term.
- You must be an active member of the Virginia National Guard.
- To receive State Tuition Assistance, you must have satisfactorily completed initial basic training requirements. ROTC cadets must complete basic training or equivalent Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) in order to be eligible
- You must have a remaining service or contractual obligation for two years to the Virginia National Guard after completion of the academic period in which TA grants were received.
- Must be accepted, or enrolled in residence, in any accredited public or private institution of higher education located within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
State Tuition Assistance Program (STAP) pays up to $2,000 per semester for tuition and $350 for books.
Applications can be obtained from the unit of assignment and must be filled out completely including the number of credit hours, institution attending, and degree program. It must be signed by the unit commander, whose endorsement certifies the applicant is a satisfactory participant and is eligible for the program.
Application deadlines for the State Tuition Assistance Program are July 1st (Fall Semester), November 1st (Spring Semester) and April 1st (Summer Semester). In order to be considered for state TA, applications must be received by the Virginia National Guard Education Services Office by the semester deadline.
For all details associated with the STAP, review the recently approved State Tuition Assistance Program regulation and the STAP memorandum announcing the TA program for the state Fiscal Year 2009 at the following webpage: http://vko.va.ngb.army.mil/VirginiaGuard/education/index.html
University Policy Regarding Tuition Assistance
All approved TA authorizations must be submitted to third party billing at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the posted deadline. The payment schedule can be found by visiting http://studentaccounts.gmu.edu/calendars/.
Every student participating in the Third Party payment arrangement will be assessed a mandatory $25 Third Party Processing Fee each semester.
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Army Tuition Assistance
- Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
- Marine Corps Tuition Assistance
- Navy Tuition Assistance
- National Guard State Tuition Assistance
- National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance
- Reserve Tuition Assistance
- US Department of Veteran Affairs: Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program