Virginia National Guard - Federal Tuition Assistance
Federal Tuition Assistance Program
The Army National Guard FTA program provides financial assistance in support of a Soldier's professional and personal self-development goals.
- You must be an active member of the Virginia National Guard.
- Used to pursue one credential at a secondary school or its equivalency, an associate, bachelor or master's degree or a vocational/technical certification or license.
- To receive State Tuition Assistance, you must have satisfactorily completed initial basic training requirements. ROTC cadets must complete basic training or equivalent Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) in order to be eligible
- There is no service obligation for enlisted service members when utilizing FTA benefits as long as the course is completed prior to the Soldier's ETS date. However, there is a four year service obligation for officers who choose to utilize Federal Tuition Assistance
- Grades must be submitted no later than 30 days after the semester which TA was paid.
Federal Tuition Assistance Program pays up to $4,500 per Fiscal year (Oct 1 – Sept 30), at a rate of $250 per credit hour.
Virginia Army National Guard members seeking Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) must apply on-line at www.virtualarmory.com no later than 14 days prior to the start of course. AGR Guard members must apply at www.goarmyed.com
University Policy Regarding Tuition Assistance
All approved TA authorizations must be submitted to third party billing at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the posted deadline. The payment schedule can be found by visiting http://studentaccounts.gmu.edu/calendars/.
Every student participating in the Third Party payment arrangement will be assessed a mandatory $25 Third Party Processing Fee each semester.
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Army Tuition Assistance
- Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
- Marine Corps Tuition Assistance
- Navy Tuition Assistance
- National Guard State Tuition Assistance
- National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance
- Reserve Tuition Assistance
- US Department of Veteran Affairs: Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program