George Mason University Office of Military Services

Self Service

Military Training & Transcripts

Coursework from the Air University, the Defense Language Institute, the United States Naval Academy, the United States Military Academy, the United States Air Force Academy and the United States Coast Guard Academy is regionally accredited at the higher education level. Courses completed at these institutions are evaluated in the same way as courses from other colleges or universities. You must have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions when you apply.

Military Science or ROTC credit earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities may be considered for transfer into the Department of Military Science.

Other credit earned for training or military service (as documented on an official ACE transcript) may be considered for transfer into the Bachelor of Individualized Study (BIS) program and is subject to the Credit for Nontraditional Modes of Learning policy within BIS. If an enrolled BIS student decides to change majors, nontraditional transfer credit will not apply toward any other major.